In case, the owner of the vehicle wants a duplicate registration certificate due to the loss or damage to the original registration certificate, there is facility provided by the government to do so.
Procedure to obtain the duplicate registration certificateRead more ↓
- The first step in obtaining the duplicate registration certificate of the motor vehicle is to report the loss or damage of the original certificate to the police in the area where the loss or damage to the RC happened.
- The form required to apply for a duplicate registration certificate is Form 26. Take a print out of the same and fill the details asked in the form.
- Make any pending payments that you have to make as per Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989.
- Submit the following documents to obtain the duplicate registration certificate for your motor vehicle:
- The application to issue the duplicate registration certificate or Form 26.
- Police certificate from the police department in the area where the loss or damage to the original RC happened……Read More>>