Have you linked your Aadhaar with mobile number? If not, well you might be in luck as the government has made the process slightly convenient for users who can now do Aadhaar linking from home. Just call 14546 from any mobile number, and keep your Aadhaar handy for linking the two from your home. The new single number for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services was issued to facilitate the linking.
The Digital India official Twitter handle revealed the details of the new IVR services and confirmed that this will allow any mobile user with multiple numbers to link their Aadhaar number. With the new process introduced, linking your Aadhaar and mobile number has just become easier thanks to an all-new IVR process introduced by the government of India.Read more ↓
“DigitalIdentity service made easy | @UIDAI (Aadhaar) has issued directives for generating OTP either through the service provider’s website or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to facilitate the linking, also known as re-verification.” the tweet by Digital India wrote on Tuesday.
The new IVR service to facilitate Aadhaar linking is part of government of India initiative. As per the government directive, verifying your mobile number with Aadhaar is mandatory for all existing customers.
Earlier, all mobile users in order to complete biometric verification had to visit nearest telecom operator store though the new process will make this slightly convenient.
The new IVR service is likely to bring huge relief for mobile subscribers as it now makes it easier to link your Aadhaar number with mobile phone number without the need to visit physical stores. Complying to the government’s order, the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has already issued instructions to all operators to verify all existing mobile subscribers (Prepaid and Postpaid) through Aadhaar based E-KYC process on or before 31.03.2018.
How to link Aadhaar to mobile number via OTP
Before calling the new toll-free number make sure that you have your Aadhaar card handy as well as your mobile number for the OTP. Times Now can confirm that Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have already activated the process. We can expect Reliance Jio to activate the service in few days as well. Similarly, BSNL is also expected to activate the new service.
Below are the steps which will be directed during the IVR to complete Aadhaar re-verification using new IVR service:
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- On being asked whether an Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option
- The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number by pressing 1
- Next, mobile subscribers will be required to provide their 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm. In case your Aadhaar input was incorrect, you get another option to provide the Aadhaar
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.
Once the process is completed, you get an SMS on your mobile number confirming that Re-verification was successful and it will take up to 48 hours to complete the linking.
Notably, Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone costumers can start linking their Aadhaar with their mobile numbers using the new IVR service. While, Jio and BSNL customers will have to wait for some more time for the service to be activated.
It’s worth mentioning that the IVR service is available in several languages like English, Hindi, and other regional languages.
Source by timesnownews…Share: