A Passport is one of the crucial documents for any Indian citizen. As it is not only an identity proof but also the most crucial document for international travel, it enables the bearer to travel internationally and serves as proof of Indian citizen. It is easy to apply for the renewal of a passport. Here is the step-by-step guide to applying for the reissue of a Passport in India.
Steps to apply for reissue of Passport in India:Read more ↓
1) Go to the official website of Passport Seva i.e. passportindia.gov.in. Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. Click on Register Now link on the Home Page
2) Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login ID. Click the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ link
3) While applying under the Fresh Issuance category- please make sure you never held a passport of the applied category i.e. Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport, or Official Passport in the past
4) Fill in the required details in the form and submit. Click the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ link on the ‘View Saved/submitted Application’ screen to schedule an appointment
5) Click the ‘Print Application Receipt’ link and take a printout of the application receipt containing the Application Reference Number/ Appointment number
6) Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/ Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the appointment has been booked, along with original documents…Read more>>