Aadhaar Card has become one of the most important identity proofs available to an Indian citizen and recently it was made mandatory to link the IT Department’s Permanent Account Number (PAN) card with the Aadhaar card.
This linking process has made people realize that there might be a mismatch in the names on the two identity proofs, be it a small differences in the spellings of their name on the two cards, making it impossible to successfully complete the linkage.Read more ↓
Recently a process was rolled out to ensure that the linking of the Aadhaar and PAN could be completed online with minimal effort even in such cases.
Linking Aadhar and PAN
• You must make sure that your demographic details such as date of birth, name and gender should be the same in both the documents.
• In case of a minor mismatch in your registered name in the two, an Aadhar OTP will be generated and sent to the registered Aadhar mobile number. Although for this to happen, the taxpayer should ensure that the registered DOB and gender in PAN and Aadhar are exactly same.
• Unfortunately, in case of complete mismatch in name on the two documents, the linking shall fail completely. So, the individual will have to make changes either in PAN or Aadhar database.
Steps to Change Name on Aadhar Card
• For changing your name on the Aadhar Card, you will have to visit the SSVP Portal; on selecting the fields you want to update or change, you can fill in the necessary data accordingly.
• Once the form is submitted, a Unique Request Number (URN) will be generated. You can check the Aadhar update status using this URN….Read more>>